|The Inaugural conference of IGU commission on “Geomorphology & Society”
|글쓴이 : 최고관리자
||날짜 : 14-07-08 14:37
||조회 : 15120
대만 지형학회에서 다음과 같이 학회를 개최한다 하여 알려드리오니 관심 있는 회원 분들의 참석을 부탁드립니다.
일시: 2014년 9월 15일 - 20일
장소: 대만 타이페이 (Taipei, Taiwan)
연락처: Jiun-Chuan Lin 교수님 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 9월 13일 ~ 15일: Pre conference field trip, 대만 동부지역 답사
- 9월 16일 ~ 17일: Conference dates
- 9월 18일 ~ 20일: Post conference field trip, Matsu지오파크 답사
The Inaugural conference of IGU commission on “Geomorphology & Society”
Earth Surface Processes & Impact to the changing environment -
September 15-20, 2014
The purpose of the first conference of IGU commission on “Geomorphology & Society” is a kick off meeting to promote how the geomorphological research can contribute to the changing society and exchange modern and historical environmental information on environmental processes.
The main topic of the symposium is earth surface processes in a dynamic environment. Earth Surface Processes, climatic change and land use change are critical issues through out the world. Regional differences give rise to a diverse array of impacts and scenarios, requiring different approaches for effective management. This conference will provide a platform for dissemination of research findings and will promote discussion of these topics.
1. Geomorphological processes & hazards: Observation and measurement
2. Impact of global changes and regional environmental change
3. Geomorphological response to human activity
4. Geo-diversity, geo-conservation, geo-heritage, geo-tourism
Department of Geography, National Taiwan University
Global Change Center, National Taiwan University
Geographical Society of China, located in Taipei
National Science Council, Taiwan
Call for paper:
We invite papers on the themes above. Papers are invited for presentation in the symposium. Abstracts on no more than one A4 page should be submitted by July 31st, 2014. The abstract must be typed using 1.5 spaced Times Roman (12 Font Size) and contain the title of the paper, name of the author(s), affiliation, text. Abstracts should be submitted as an email attachment to Professor Jiun-Chuan Lin at email@example.com.
Arrangements will be made for publication of full papers in a recognised journal or journals.
Poster presentations should be indicated on the registration form. The size of the poster should not exceed A0.
Conference dates: 16-17 September 2014
Pre conference field trip: 13-15 September 2014
Post conference field trip: 18-20 September 2014
1. Provisional Program:
12th Sept. 2014 Arrival
13-15th Sept. 2014 Eastern Taiwan field trip
16th Sept. 2014 Keynote speech
17th Sept. 2014 Morning sessions
18-20th Sept. 2014 Field trip to Matsu Geopark
22 Sept. 2012 Participants leave Taiwan.
1. Participants who will attend conference and two field trips (foods, double bedroom with shared occupancy between 15-20 September, 10 nights): US$1000 per person. Double bedroom with single occupancy is US$1300 per person. Registration fees include all transportation, meals, ten nights accommodation, return flights to Matsu, field guide book and technical materials during the conference and field trip.
2. Participants who will attend conference only without accommodation: Free
3. Participants who will attend conference and one field trip: US$700 per person. Double bedroom with single occupancy is US$1000 per person. Registration fees include all transportation, meals, six or seven night accommodation, return flights to Matsu or transportation to East Coast, field guide book and technical materials during the conference and field trip.
4. No registration fee for students and accompanying persons except for costs of field excursion and accommodation.
Payments should be made before 31 July 2014 by credit card or bank transfer.
Hotel accommodation during the workshop is being arranged for the delegates. Efforts will be made to accommodate the participants in Howard International Hotel-Taipei on payment basis.
Participants are urged to arrange their own resources for their travel. Please check whether there is a requirement for VISA from their country.
5. General information:
The workshop will include Oral, Poster sessions and a Field excursion. The official language for all presentations is in English. Abstracts will be required from all participants wishing to submit a poster or oral presentation in the conference. Accepted abstracts will be published in the workshop program volume, which will be distributed to all participants. Abstracts will be accepted by e-mail.
Abstracts must be written in English in Times New Roman 12 pt fonts and should include, in this order: Abstract title, Authors’ names (fist name family name), Affiliation (Institutions and address), First author’s e-mail and Abstract text (less than 2000 words and figures: whole less than two pages).
Temperature of Taipei in mid- September could be between 25-30 °C. Air condition is provided in the meeting place and Hotel.
The organizer cannot accept responsibility for any accidents which may occur. Participants are encouraged to obtain travel insurance (medical, personal accident, and luggage) in their home country prior to departure.
Certain foreign currencies may be accepted at a limited number of hotels, restaurants, and souvenir shops. Most foreign currencies can be exchanged at major banks, large hotels, and other authorized money exchangers on presentation of your passport. The exchange rate for US$1 is approx. equal to 30-31 Taiwan dollars.
9. Organizing Committee:
Jiun-Chuan Lin (Department of Geography, National Taiwan University)
10. Oral presentation:
Time for presentation of oral papers will be 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for discussion. The meeting room will be equipped with data projector for power-point presentations.
11. Poster presentation:
Space is available close to the meeting room for the presentation of papers as pictorial displays. The display surface for each poster will be 1.2m (4 ft.) in height and 0.9 m (3 ft.) in width. Posters will be on display in the afternoon of 16 September 2014.